The City of Melton has received a record high for the amount of funding being received in this year’s budget. So what will be funded?
– $518 million will be put towards the Ballarat rail upgrade, which will include a duplicate line from West Deer Park to Melton.
– Upgrades to train stations including Bacchus Marsh, Ballan and Rockbank
– Improvement of the railway track itself for improved reliability and more peak services
– $2.4 million will contribute to allowing an extra 270 car spaces at Melton Station
– $229 million for additional VLocity regional trains and funding for a business case electrification of the Ballarat line
– $5.4 million will go towards the Melton Specialist School which will receive a revamp and modernisation, relocation and upgrades to the Melton Secondary College is also confirmed
– $12 million for the construction of a new secondary school in Taylors Hill West
– Funding for master plan and school improvement works to Melton West Primary School and Melton Secondary School
– $102 million will go towards land acquisition for school sites in growth areas, incl sites within the city of Melton
– Growing suburbs fund retained by State Government at $50 million
– $6.3 million will go to the Melton City Council to submit a range of new projects for this fund in 2016/2017
– Also other funds were received and will go towards numerous water and sewerage projects.